I finished two hats recently. The first was my favorite baby hat for little girls. It’s a free pattern. I’ve made several and have been super happy each time. Here’s the link. http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/lace-beanie.html I made one for Grey’s teacher. One of the other mom’s had a baby shower for her a week ago this past Sunday. I knit the hat in one evening and finished early that morning. I made it from an incredible yarn I got in an exchange. The yarn is called Sublime and ……yes, it is. Here’s a link. The color is waterleaf. http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-711059__id-1925.html It is a merino and not superwash. But, she was good with that and since it is a hat I figured she would not have to launder it too often. I washed it in Soak before blocking it and it smelled heavenly. She loved it. Here are the pics…….
The second hat is for a swap recipient. I have to mail it tomorrow. I can go ahead and post because she does not know who her swap partner is. I am so worried. I love the hat. I think it’s funky, the color is great and it is made from Malabridgio, which is softer than soft. I checked her profile out on Ravelry and she really seemed like someone who would go for something a little out of the ordinary……please pray with me that I’m right because this hat was NOT the easiest thing I have ever knitted. It is a Woollywormhead hat. The construction is so interesting. Most hats I have knitted have been in the round. I enjoy this because they are pretty quick and require little purling. The WW hats are knit flat using short rows with decorative wrap and turns in conjunction with the pattern. The hats are started with a provisional cast on and then kitchnered together to produce a seamless hat. I was so intrigued by this method that I knit most of it over the course of less than a week. Then I got burned out…I just wanted it done. I got interested again right before I finished and will certainly make more of her hats but not under a deadline. I did end up with a silver dollar sized hole at the top after it was grafted, so I picked stitches along the edge and knit a little decorative decrease until I could close it up like a regular in the round hat. In the end I really like that little detail! Please forgive the pictures. It is so hard to get a decent picture of a hat when you are using yourself as the hat model! I would have used one of the girls, but their heads were too small!
By the way here is the link for the hats http://www.woollywormhead.com/
The coolest thing is that she has self published an entire book of her cool hats using Lulu. You can order it print on demand basically or you can do as I did and pay for the PDF version which is delivered immediately. The book is very high quality and a steal at something like $25 or so.